Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July 2011 Reading

Here are the books I've read this past month, with a brief review.

'Save the Date' by Jenny B. Jones
5/5
Loved the humor upon the sweet romance from this author. I've read 2 previous novels of hers, and it was love at first sight. This book follows the authors strong influence of Christian belief and assists the characters in their agency and decisions.




'So Not Happening' also be Jenny B. Jones
4.5/5
This is the 2nd book of the Bella Kirkwood YA series. Again, humorous and sweet, but maybe over the top just a tiny, tiny bit when the character, Bella's, life is in danger. Loved the read and couldn't wait to read the 3rd, final book in the series. So cute!






'The Stranger She Married' by Donna Hatch
5/5
Wow! What a beautiful sweet romance. Towards the 'Beauty and the Beast' self-favorite fairytale, this story had me swept in a lovely telling of wished love and wonderful happy endings.







'The Guise of a Gentleman' also by Donna Hatch
5/5
Do you see how I get on a roll with an author? Once I find one I love, I devour anything I can get my hands on. This is the 2nd book following 'The Stranger She Married'. Even though the story followed the life of another brother, I was hypnotized with the developing story. I was not dissapointed. A dear friend of mine, who also shares a love/obsession of reading, urged me to not peek at the end of the book (as she knows I often do...I can't help myself - I have to be reassured everything happens happily). So, while restraining myself, I am sooooo glad I didn't peek. What a surpise!





'So Over My Head' by Jenny B. Jones
4.5/5
Love this author! So much faith, sweet love, & humor which makes reading a joy and heavenly. I constantly had a smile on my face while reading this last book in the YA trilogy. I pledge to read every book this author writes. Love her!!!

No comments: