Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Grandma, this one is for you!


Why do I keep a blog? This is a question I may ask myself at one time or another. Especially at a time where other technological outlets such as facebook, pinterest, and twitter are proving to be quicker and more efficient. This is my answer: I'm doing it for my grandma. I'm doing it as a journal and an attempt to share with those who live so far away.

You see, my grandma, Grandma Dorothy, lives a 12 hour car drive away. I miss her. I used to visit her on Mondays to help clean house...well, mostly to chat and eat yummy chicken fingers. And then my husband and I moved our family to a different state. I miss those long chats. And those yummy chicken fingers. :-) So, in my effort to keep the connection, I am going to keep a weekly blog about my life and mail a copy to my grandma. Maybe I'll mail it on Mondays. That would be fun. Hopefully in some way I can feel that I can still be where it's always felt like home.

So, Grandma, this one is for you! I hope you like it. Maybe keep these little notes in a folder, and you can laugh at them from time to time. Each excerpt will share a little something about what is going on in my life. It is primarily a journal of my struggles and ambitions of writing, my journey of motherhood, and memories of my happy childhood (which includes you).

Enjoy!

No comments: