Monday, April 9, 2012

Sisters


Sisters, sisters

There were never such devoted sisters...
Caring, sharing
Every little thing that we are wearing...
All kinds of weather, we stick together
The same in the rain and sun...
-from the movie 'White Christmas'

This ones for you, Sis!!!

About a month ago I received a letter in the mail from my one and only sister, Torie. It was handwritten and everything. She has beautiful handwriting...it's intimidating, actually. I type, and I type fast (which can also be intimidating). Therefore, I'm typing a letter to my sweet sister.

Jane Austen used to write to her sister. How fun that I also have a sister to write to. 12 hours of driving time between us will not keep us apart. Lightning speed emailing will not keep us apart. And definitely unexplainable, instantaneous texting will not keep us apart. Yes, that shows the complete devotion I have to my sister...who I have not written to since her first letter last month. It's not like I have any avenues. Why the complexity? ;)

So, my dear sister, here is my letter that I will forge for you. I love you and miss you. I can't wait to see you soon. Even though it'll be a brief hi and goodbye surrounding our trip, I'm excited for the experience. At least we'll have St. George; that's where the real fun will happen. I love that we have our get togethers. Our moments are spaced farther apart, but that just makes them more memorable. I love sharing those glimpses in time with you. Thank you for making my childhood sweet of sisterhood fun. Don't ever forget how much I love you. Please forgive me for the times I was a bossy older sister and didn't let you play with my barbies. I'm glad that you gave me unconditional love and that I got to be your sister.

P.S. Thank you for taking care of my angel babies. You are the sweetest sister ever!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love you you know!!!!
I want to be a sister too...please!