Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Crunches & Allergies


So, we went to Mexico. Survived. Loved it. Want to go back. Ryan broke his ankle. What?! Yes, he broke his ankle. And, ladies and gentlemen, he broke it after only being in Mexico for 4 hours. Bravo! Well done. Our son, Tytan, and him were jumping the waves in the ocean and doing a little bit of body surfing when he came down with the force of the one of the ways and his foot landed in a small hole and snapped. The clinic by the resort wrapped his ankle up in a boot, and we stayed on our vacation. When we got back to America 3 days later, the doctor ordered him into operation to get 6 screws and a plate to hold his ankle together. Crazy! I think we're done vacation hopping for now. What do you think?

The kids have been hilarious calling his crutches crunches. I correct them often but have found the slip-up endearing. I love my kids little and know it won't last long. I love that my 8 year old son still wants to hold my hand. So, if my 7 year old daughter and 6 year old son call crutches crunches, I'll bask in the life of childhood a little longer.

On the same page, they call algae allergy. Love it!

My dear mom, sweet sister, and I went to a RomCon event this past weekend. Yes, I left my poor husband home to fend for himself. Thank you to wonderful friends and neighbors who helped with the kids. I, on the other hand, had a blast. We were prized with 76 books altogether from the convention...for free. Can you believe it? Sad thing is I don't know where to start reading. Which one do I pick. We went to dinners with fun authors, laughed silly at some questionable authors, went shopping, and giggled at secret jokes. It was a perfect weekend to recharge and rejuvenate me. Thanks Mom and Torie. Miss your face! Love me some rainbows. ;) snicker...

No comments: