Thursday, July 19, 2012

Jenni James...Love her!

As per my last post, I have been looking over a contract from Walnut Springs Press to publish my first book. Since this is all new to me, I had no idea what to expect. I told my hubs that I wished I had someone to talk to who was in a similar boat and could give me advice. Thank goodness for facebook. I've made friends with fellow authors and remembered a favorite of mine who also published with the same publisher. Her name is Jenni James, and she writes the cutest YA novels. So, I sent her a message through facebook asking her for help, and she replied back and gave me her number to call her. And I just have to tell you that she is the sweetest. She answered all of my questions and helped me so much...while at the same time fixing her 7 kids lunch. Yes, I said 7. She's a single mother of 7 who just moved her family from Utah to Farmington, NM. Wowza. Anyway, she gave me some great advice. She talked very highly of Walnut Springs, and I'm ready and excited to be a part of their company. Here is Jenni James link (check it out):

http://authorjennnijames.com

No comments: