Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Book Review

 
5.0 out of 5 stars
Love time travler books...and this one was great!, April 5, 2013
By 
This review is from: The Keeper's Calling (Keeper's Saga) (Paperback)
This story was fantastic. I loved diving into the world of Chase Harper. Since the story was from the point of view of a boy, I was leery of my connection to the main character; however, the author did a great job making the reader relate just as if it was a female main character. I liked seeing the relationship expand from the perspective of the reluctant teenage boy.

This story had action in all of the right places. I didn't feel like the fighting scenes were misplaced, because they were brief and necessary for the understanding of the story. A lot of times, I think fighting scenes in books are overused and I end up skimming over them. With this book, I read every scene because they were tastefully done.

This book is part of a series, and I was worried it would end with the major cliffhanger that almost all trilogies begin with and leave you screaming at the inconclusive ending of the story. To my delight, this book ended peacefully but still left me wanting to find out more about Chase Harper's story and calling. I'm excited to read the next book.

Well done, Kelly Nelson. Bravo!

No comments: