Sunday, January 6, 2013

Met with my editor...Linda Prince

Let it begin...let it begin. My little family and I drove to Utah the day after Christmas to spend time up in good, old Treetown (Tremonton). We had a blast with cousins, sledding, movie nights, visiting the bouncy house in Layton, and dropping in to see other family and friends along the way. After staying for a week, we packed up and headed home. On our way, we stopped in Salt Lake City so I could meet with my editor. I was a little nervous. When Ryan asked why, I said it was because I had been writing stories since I was 6 years old, and everything had built up to this actual moment of making my dream become a reality. Well, after our hour visit, I can say I had absolutely nothing to be nervous about. Linda Prince was a sweetheart and made me feel very welcome. I enjoyed looking at all of their published books displayed on the wall. One day mine will be there. Linda talked me through the process of what we'll do when it is my turn to edit my  book. She also talked about cover selection and how that works. All I can say is that I am very excited to work with this publishing company. I should probably also say that we found books from my publisher at the Deseret Book right by temple square. Yes, we are going to return and get a picture of my book at that store.

No comments: