Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Monday Book Review

 'Turning Pages' by Tristi Pinkston
5.0 out of 5 stars "Sweet love in the library", February 20, 2013
"I love Tristi. She is a great writer, and she always has me hooked on the first page.

'Turning Pages' is a cute story of a young girl who works at a library and is struggling with some major changes in her life. Her father died in a car accident, and her family is made to sell their home. When the news of her library being torn down, everything in her life seems to be crumbling along with her library. Her new cute (engaged) boss, Blake, at first seems like the extra straw on the camels back to make her problems worse, but he later becomes a friend to her and helps her gain the confidence she needs to help her with her life.

Without giving any spoilers, this story has a fun, happy ending. I finished the last page with a smile on my face. It made me want to go to my library and snuggle up with a book on their old, tattered couch.

The story was very well written and kept me entertained with a bit of humor. I like books who can have me laughing out loud and feeling so well what the character is feeling. I really felt like I was in Addie's place, feeling her pain and happiness.

Thank you Tristi for another great book"

No comments: