Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday Book Review


5.0 out of 5 stars I have never loved the story of Rumplestiltskin until now


This review is from: Rumplestiltskin (Faerie Tale Collection) (Kindle Edition)
I love ALL fairytales; however, as a child, I never understood or enjoyed the story of Rumplestiltskin. I didn't like the whole concept of a creepy, old man sneaking into the girl's bedroom, unexplainably spinning straw into gold, and then years later haunting the girl for the payment of her first born child. The love story was non existence; the king plainly fell in love with the girl and married her because he was under the presumption she could spin straw into gold. I love a good romance, so this story held zero interest for me.

Therefore, Jenni Jame's twist on this lack-luster story was just what it needed. There was action, a love story, a sweet heroine, and even a creepy man (but not who you'd originally think it was). The attraction between the two main characters built fast, and I like these shorter stories so I don't feel like I'm waiting until the last page for anything to happen between the two love interests. I felt that the story was well told, fast-paced, and enjoyable. I was hooked in the first paragraph, and I was left with a smile on my face at the last paragraph on the last page.

Thank you Jenni James for making me add Rumplestiltskin to my list of favorite fairytale stories.

No comments: