Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cooking my 1st turkey

Shhh...don't tell. My name is Tarrah Montgomery, I'm 34 years old, and I have never cooked a Thanksgiving turkey. :-)

In my young married life, being the oldest child had its advantages because every holiday we got to go home to 'normal' festivities. I use the word normal because we celebrated Santa Claus and visited relatives houses for grand dinners. I came home to my younger siblings and got to celebrate the holidays the same as them...not as an adult. Now that my younger siblings are grown up and gone, I have had to transition into the 'adult' mode of cooking the meals for the holidays. What?! I liked it better when my grandma made the rolls and my mom made the turkey. I guess I should have watched better when my mom removed the DISGUSTING parts of the turkey. Why do they save those parts? And why do they save them in a little baggie...just so you can plug your nose and squirm?

I hope my turkey looks like the above picture. I'll let you know. At least I knew beforehand to let the turkey defrost for at least 24 hours in the fridge and then marinate it for another 24 hours. That would have been bad.

No comments: